Aquather pants have a supporting and stabilising effect on joints and muscles, and a compression and reflexion of the skin temperature, due the Neoprene insulation layer.
An insulating layer develops between the skin and the inside of the pants(suit). This protects against hypothermia during and after therapy.
This physiological heat insulation increases the skin temperature by 2.5 to 4.5 degrees, depending on activity and surrounding.
The insulation layer reflects warmth and the improved circulation increase the temperature in the muscles – up to a depth of ca 2 to 3 cm per area –about 1.5 degrees. There is no heat build-up due to the design.
The increased temperature causes an improved motor function (shorter response time) and the nerves react with relief of pain.
The risk of urine or faeces contamination of the water in case of incontinent, paraplegic, multiple handicapped and those with bladderdisorders is substantially reduced. The optimal hygienic protection is reached.
The Aquather-suit offers a light support function with local specific compression effect.
Aquather pants zip on the side.
- Instability of ligaments
- Pain after injury
- Chronic and degenerative joint and connective tissue ailments
- Muscular tenseness and hardening
- Muscle cramps and partial rupture
- Sinew irritation
- Supportive by rehabilitation after soft tissue damage, pulled tendon, jointdamage and paraplegia
- Support of water therapy in case of multiple disabilities
- Support of water therapy by cerebral poliomyelitis (ICP, CP)
- Hygienic protection for incontinent patients during water therapy (e.g.spina bifida with chronic recurring UTI)